Scampering on, Mr Monkey came to the Magnesia Cafe. When this was built in 1895, replacing a building from 1856, it was the pump room for the Magnesia Well. Each of the Harrogate springs had a different chemical composition. Mr Monkey came to the flower beds covering many of the springs, and decided it was time to turn round and leave the Valley Gardens. If he'd carried on walking he would have arrived at the Royal Horticultural Society's Harlow Carr site.
Return to Mr Monkey in the Valley Gardens
Copyright Rik Shepherd and Mr Monkey. This page last modified 8 August 2007