At the end of the main drive Mr Monkey found that the main gates had been turned into a bit of fence between two gateposts. The wall around the park is two miles long, and took three years from 1748 to build. Mr Monkey turned and looked down the main drive, where the house was more or less invisible.
Return to Mr Monkey at Dunham Massey
Copyright Rik Shepherd and Mr Monkey. This page last modified 24th March 2008