Mr Monkey admired the front of the Grand Pump Room, which was the main social centre for fashionable visitors to Bath. The Grand Pump Room was opened in 1795, replacing the 1705 Pump Room (which was smaller and less grand). Obeying the guide, Mr Monkey set off under the colonnade and down Bath Street.
Return to Mr Monkey in the footsteps of Jane Austen
Copyright Rik Shepherd and Mr Monkey.