The car took Mr Monkey in a loop between the Old Town and Josefov, then came down through Mariánské náméstí where he admired the Nová Radnice (New Town Hall). This was designed by Osvald Polívka, who also designed the Municipal House, and isn't the New Town Hall that was the site of the first defenestration of Prague*. As he went down the side of the town hall he looked back to see the Klementinum at the end of the street. The car turned at the end of the street and Mr Monkey found that he was back at Malé náméstí and his tour was over.
* That one is called the Novomĕstská radnice which is the Town Hall of the New Town even though most guide books translate it as New Town Hall. In 1419 Catholic councillors refused to release reformist prisoners, so some Hussites pushed them out of a window at the Novomĕstská radnice, thus starting a religious war.
Return to Mr Monkey's vintage car tour of Prague
Copyright Rik Shepherd and Mr Monkey.