Mr Monkey took a quick look out of the engine house window to see the roof of the Steam Hall, then scampered down the stairs to the ground floor. On the other side of the engine house to the Maudslay and Bull engines he found the Boulton and Watt 'West Cornish' engine. Built in 1820 but moved from Chelsea to Kew Bridge in 1839-40 this is the oldest engine at Kew Bridge, and was the first to be restored.
Return to Mr Monkey at the Kew Bridge Steam Museum
Copyright Rik Shepherd and Mr Monkey.