Mr Monkey had a look down Schermerhorn Row, a recently renovated 1812 building, then inspected the Titanic Memorial lighthouse. Mr Monkey wondered what use a lighthouse two blocks inland would be, but apparently it was originally on the roof of the Seamen's Church Institute, until they moved. It was originally built by public subscription, as a memorial to everyone who died when the Titanic hit an unnamed iceberg in 1913.
Copyright Rik Shepherd and Mr Monkey. This page last modified 22 April 2005