Mr Monkey investigated the abbot's residence, and found out that the abbot probably had a good sea view. Then he went to the second church, on the east side of the bell tower. This replaced the original church, which is on the west side of the bell tower. There's not much of the newer church left now, as it seems a lot of it was sold to the Town Council of Edinburgh to re-build their tollbooth in 1581.
Copyright Rik Shepherd and Mr Monkey. This page last modified 5 September 2005