Borough Market was built in 1851 on a site used since 1756. Additions were made in 1861 and a new front added in 1932. Mr Monkey scurried through the market, admiring the ironwork of the roof, and stopping only to buy some banana beer and watch someone being interviewed in front of a cake stall.
Copyright Rik Shepherd and Mr Monkey. This page last modified 24 April 2006