Mr Monkey inspected the sluice gate that let the water out of the lake and into the mill. He peered through the trees to see if he could see Nether Alderley Hall. This was built sometime before 1591, and was extended in 1660. The extensions burned down in 1779, which was, by a strange coincidence, the same year as the Stanleys enclosed the common land in the area.
Return to Mr Monkey at Nether Alderley Mill
Copyright Rik Shepherd and Mr Monkey. This page last modified 15 June 2007