While he was looking for the missing siege board on the Mijnplein Mr Monkey found the Capucin church. The church was originally built between 1618 and 1620; the aisles were added in 1643-1644. From 1621 a monastery was built around the church, but the monks were driven out by the French in 1797 and never returned.
Return to Mr Monkey follows the Siege of Ostende historic walk
Copyright Rik Shepherd and Mr Monkey. This page last modified 6 November 2007