Mr Monkey trotted along to Queen Square, where Jane Austen lodged with her brother Edward and his family. He examined the obelisk Beau Nash put up to celebrate the Prince of Wales' visit to Bath, then looked at the houses on the north side of the square. These were built by John Wood in 1728 with a common facade to make a row of terraced houses look like one big house.
Mr Monkey spotted three of King Bladud's pigs in Queen Square.
Return to Mr Monkey in the footsteps of Jane Austen
Copyright Rik Shepherd and Mr Monkey.