A little further on Mr Monkey found another gate. This is called the Leopold Gate now, though it was called the New Gate when it was new. It was designed by Carlo Lurago and built between 1653 and 1672, and restored and improved in 1840. Mr Monkey couldn't help noticing that the front of the gate was more decorative than the back.
Return to Mr Monkey at the Vyšehrad National Cultural Monument
Copyright Rik Shepherd and Mr Monkey.