The next building Mr Monkey came to was the Chapel of Our Lady of the Ramparts (or of Loretto), built in 1764 to hold a statue of Our Lady of Loretto (or of the Ramparts). The remains of the Church of the Decollation of St John the Baptist are built into the walls behind the church. Mr Monkey trotted up some steps and on to the ramparts to see what sort of view Our Lady would have if she was on the ramparts. He suspected that most of the trees had grown since Vyšehrad stopped being a real fortress.
Return to Mr Monkey at the Vyšehrad National Cultural Monument
Copyright Rik Shepherd and Mr Monkey.