Mr Monkey went to look at the Kostel svatého Petr a Pavla (Church of Saints Peter and Paul). The church was founded near the end of the 11th century, when it was built in the Romance style. It was modified in 1129, rebuilt after a fire in 1249, expanded after 1369, repaired after Hussite looting in 1420, reconstructed some more between 1575 and 1610, and again between 1723 and 1729. The current church is the seventh major version, a neo-Gothic reconstruction carried out bwtween 1885 and 1903. Mr Monkey admired the mosiacs above the side doors, the carving above the main arch and the decoration on the main door, then went to look inside.
Return to Mr Monkey at the Vyšehrad National Cultural Monument
Copyright Rik Shepherd and Mr Monkey.