Mr Monkey ran out of stairs to climb and had a look at a small exhibition about the history of the tower. It was built in 1475 as one of the city gates, then used as a powder magazine in the 18th century until Frederick the Great damaged it in 1757. Josef Mocker restored it in 1875, making it as Gothic as he could. When he'd looked at the exhibition Mr Monkey found a little door and scurried out onto the walkway around the top of the tower.
Return to Mr Monkey visits the Powder Tower
Copyright Rik Shepherd and Mr Monkey.