Mr Monkey ran down Katelijnestraat looking for a comic shop. Because he'd gone the wrong way, he found the church of the Redemptorist Monastery of Collection which was built in 1845 on the site of an earlier monastery demolished by the French in 1796. Redemptorist nuns wear red habits, though Mr Monkey didn't see any. Next to the church he admired the Godshuis de Generaliteit (almshouse of the Generality), one of the 46 or so almshouses in Bruges.
Return to Mr Monkey in Ostende
Copyright Rik Shepherd and Mr Monkey.