The L.S. Lowry turned to avoid going into the river Medlock, and Mr Monkey looked up to admire the tower of the former Congregational Chapel. The chapel was designed by Edward Walters in 1853, and as well as being a Congregational Chapel, it's been a mission hall, a Christian Science Church, an auction room, a recording studio, a bar and, most recently, office space. Mr Monkey decided he prefered the chapel's tower to the Beetham Tower, then looked at the Key 103 radio station offices in the 1828-31 Middle Warehouse.
Return to Mr Monkey takes a Mancunian Canal Cruise
Copyright Rik Shepherd and Mr Monkey.