On Sumach Street, Mr Monkey wondered if the people who live in No 384 mind that their 1886 house is allegedly known as the Witch's House. Then he nipped around the corner onto Winchester Street to admire the home of Alderman Daniel Lamb, who founded the zoo that isn't there anymore. The front of this house is from 1877, but other parts go back to the 1830s.
Copyright Rik Shepherd and Mr Monkey. This page last modified 23 November 2004