Wellesley Park looks like a pleasant green space now, because it is, but it used to be the P.R.Lamb Glue and Blacking Factory. In a lane off Wellesley Street East, Mr Monkey saw a house built in 1893-94 for the illustrator C.E. Jeffreys. This is known as the Owl House because of a terracotta plaque on its wall. Mr Monkey shuddered at the sight of the fowl.
Copyright Rik Shepherd and Mr Monkey. This page last modified 23 November 2004