At the north end of the island is Lighthouse Park, which is a park with a lighthouse in it and a sign saying Lighthouse Park. The lighthouse, designed by James Renwick Jr (who designed St Patrick's cathedral), was built in 1872. Luckily there were lots of convicts on the island to quarry the stone for the lighthouse. Mr Monkey noticed that there seemed to be strong currents and a lot of rocks around the point of the island, and he decided there was a reason for putting the lighthouse there.
Copyright Rik Shepherd and Mr Monkey. This page last modified 29 March 2005