Mr Monkey found a doorway and found that there was a pier outside the castle. In 1870, Blackness Castle was turned into the major ammunition depot for Scotland. Most of the changes made were unmade between 1926 and 1935, but they left the pier, which had been used to transfer ammunition from ships in the Forth. Mr Monkey decided that a trip to the end of the pier was in order.
Copyright Rik Shepherd and Mr Monkey. This page last modified 5 September 2005