Mr Monkey had a quick look down from the ramparts next to the church, to see the defence works behind the real fortress. He was interested in the contrast between the sizes of the DFDS Tor line ferry and the small trawler passing the fortress. The building below Mr Monkey is now a museum with displays about the history of the fortress, the great siege of 1719, and the fortress' late conversion into a prison.
Copyright Rik Shepherd and Mr Monkey. This page last modified 9 November 2005