Mr Monkey looked at Wren House, on the corner of Cross Street. This was built as a chapel in 1690, became a charity school in 1696, and is now a set of offices. After turning right, and right and left, and looking down an alley next to a pub, Mr Monkey came to Bleeding Heart Yard. This allegedly got its name after Lady Elizabeth Hatton was stabbed here. The Plornish family lived here in Dickens' Little Dorrit. Mr Monkey suspects it's been tidied up since Dickens' time.
Copyright Rik Shepherd and Mr Monkey. This page last modified 28 February 2006