While Mr Rik got his breath back from climbing the mound, Mr Monkey had a look round the ground floor of the tower, which was built between 1190 and 1194 to replace the wooden tower. Mr Monkey found two sprial staircases in the wall, and chose to scamper up the one which didn't have a no entry sign.
Return to Mr Monkey in Clifford's Tower
Copyright Rik Shepherd and Mr Monkey. This page last modified 24 August 2006