Mr Monkey inspected the observation post, from which the guns of the battery were controlled. One of the rooms inside is reconstructed as it appeared in 1914, though Mr Monkey wasn't allowed to take pictures inside. The big block of concrete was added to the original bunker in 1917, and there should really be some sand filling up the gap between the two slabs. Mr Monkey did wonder why they had so much protection for the observation crew, then put the rangefinder outside the bunker.
Return to Mr Monkey in the Domein Raversijde
Copyright Rik Shepherd and Mr Monkey. This page last modified 12 September 2006